Monday, January 16, 2012

DVD Organization

So one of my goals every paycheck it to do some sort of organizing task when it requires buying something.  This weekend, I tackled my DVDs.  I have quite a few DVDs, especially as I own the complete series of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.  I have only one mini closet in my whole house, and my DVDs were stuck into one part of the cabinet.  I needed something more organized, more efficient, and more compact.  The solution I came up with?  A photo box.



So all the DVDs took up a lot of space.  I managed to take a photo of all the cases in a oversize laundry basket to show you how much space they took...



Using DVD sleeves from Dollarama, that cost $1.00 for 25, I placed all the discs into the sleeves and then placed them all in alphabetical order into a photobox from Michaels (a $2 purchase), which when put together looked like this:


Now you may wonder what I'm going to do with all my actual DVD cases.  I'm going to pack them up and put them in storage in the basement.  I don't have much stored down there and in case I decide to sell any or give any away, I just have to go and get the case to match the DVD.  So, all in all, this project cost me less than 10 bucks...Sweet eh?

1 comment:

  1. What's up mates, its impressive post concerning teachingand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

    Also visit my page: rot

    ReplyDelete