Saturday, July 2, 2011

Got Bites?

The other day I was packing up the back of the trunk to take a few things to work.  The result?  I ended up being mosquito bait.  A couple hours later as I was lying in bed, did the results of those nasty little buggers started to erupt.  I got up, and the whole top of one foot and around the ankle were completely swollen with bites.  I didn't have any After Bite, Calamine Lotion, and knew that I needed to try something to make me not start itching.

So I did some research...and one of the weirdest things that was suggested was deodorant or an anti-perspirant.  I used what I had on hand, which was Nivea's Double Effect Anti-Perspirant, which is a stick.  Within seconds, I had relief.  The next morning I woke up and even the swelling was down probably by 80%.  I did find that I needed to reapply when I woke up, but I felt so much relief.  On top of it, the anti-perspirant I use has avocado extracts, so my foot didn't feel too dry.



So, what do you use in your fight against mosquito relief?

No comments:

Post a Comment