Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

So today is a special day...it's Canada Day!  Despite being under the weather and a bit strapped for cash (things will lighten up once I'm moved considerably), Canada Day is a very special day for me.  For me, I see it along the lines of Thanksgiving-it reminds us of what we have to be thankful for.

I realized this morning that this is the first summer in the past 9 or 10 years that I am getting paid this summer...I haven't had that before.  That's huge.  It's also the first summer I've ever known that I have a permanent job to go back to.  For others, it might mean being granted time to build more dikes in southern Manitoba as their fellow neighbors and towns help them.  It might simply mean having the freedom to be you.

I hope you all have a wonderful Canada's Day, and for my American friends, have a wonderful 4th of July.  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment