Sunday, January 23, 2011

Small Spaces With a Lot of Punch!

In one of the magazines that I read, an article was featured on one little cabin that was purchased by an owner as not just a vacation home, but a way of extra income renting it out when she wasn't using it.  Turns out this one cabin is a group of cabins in Maine.  These cabins were originally built in the 30s and 40s and are all around 300 square feet.  Located in Cabot Cove, Maine, these cabins can really help people see potential with extremely small spaces! 

This is one of the cottages from the outside...it gives you a clear indication of its size!

Obviously one of the bigger cabins, you can see how they use a lovseat and two chairs for the living room and that a small dining table works in the same space.


Another living room with a small table.  Notice that the tiny dining set is also used as an end table almost with a lamp upon it.

I love the coziness of this room and it even contains a small dishwasher!

Another living room, this time using a trunk as an obvious storage container/coffee table

I love the built in look of the unit.

A kitchen in one of the cabins...I love the white wash of the walls with the cheery bits of color!

Another kitchen.

A small tiny bedroom, reminding me in size of my own.  I love the panelling and beadboard.  It adds texture without overhwelming the room!


If you've fallen in love with these cabins as I have, check out cabotcove.com for more cabins and how to book your room for a sweet retreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment