Saturday, January 29, 2011

Organizing Pots and Pans...

Okay, I don't know about you but I have a lot of kitchen wares in my kitchen-which, is an extremely small kitchen.  My few cupboards were jammed, and I couldn't find things very well.  It just wasn't functional at all.  I thought to myself what don't I use on a regular basis that I could put away into the very high little cupboards that I actually have to get on a stepping ladder to reach???  The answer?  A lot of specialized baking ware that I don't use very often.  I'm talking about bundt pans and speciality cake pans.  Before, they were in the drawer under the stove-you know the one that we all have that we stuff with junk? 


                                                                      In its new home....

Well my discovery was that this is an awesome drawer for pots and pans.  As I'm not sure how long I'll be living at this place, I want to be super careful with what I buy.  As much as I wanted a pot rack to hang, I just don't know if I'll be using it in a year (my goal is to get into a bigger place....  So consider what you need to do to make your kitchen more functional and usable.  I am able to access my pots easily and efficiently and their bulkiness no longer takes up cupboard space!

Not the greatest picture (done with my cell phone as my actual camera is still missing since the move) but you get the picture...
The new cupboard...little containers are at the front as those are things that I might use on a daily basis for my lunch.  At the back is large mixing bowls, large colanders, and muffin tins.  The top has quite a bit of empty space but contains a scale and some containers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment