Friday, June 24, 2011

Individual Apple Pies

So I got the idea for my students to make apple pies as a way to say thank you for all the people in the school who did something special for us.  I really firmly believed that it needed to be something that we did as a class, rather than me buying something.  It needed to have meaning, needed to have effort, and needed to appeal to the  giftee.  The solution?  Pie!  I mean who doesn't like pie!

I came up with my own recipe, though I used the never failing Tenderflake Lard.  The actual pie recipe though turned out to be amazing!  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love pie, but I didn't love it as much until I tasted my new concoction!  OMG...so yummy!  Now just so you know, the pictures I'm posting are not the most professional looking as adults who have done this many times over, but these pictures are full of heart!  Stay tuned this weekend for the recipe!









P.S.  To make 12 gifts, the cost was around $12 or $1 a piece.  Can't beat that eh?

P.P.S.  For more pictures and a link to my classroom blog, check out:  www.wayway4.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment