Thursday, May 26, 2011

Should I Have Known Better???

So I have been struggling in whether or not to buy a vehicle right now.   I kind of had it in my mind that I wanted to wait until I got permanent and until I had moved closer to work.

Well, I have gotten permanent and hopefully, I will be moving closer (got word that I'm up for a house there, but waiting for the tenant to let the town know when he's moving out)...My car had broken down 2 weeks ago, and I thought well, I should get the ball rolling so start looking and putting myself out there...You might say, put yourself out there?  What do you mean?

See, my situation is a bit more complicated as I was released back in September from bankruptcy.  Makes things a bit more uncomfortable, right?

I did decide to get my car fixed with a bill totalling $150...well, guess what?!?  One week later and exact same problem happens again.  I'm frustrated!

I contacted a dealership back in my hometown and I should know tomorrow where I stand.  I feel really good considering that I tried to work with a dealership in Brandon and they wouldn't even acknowledge me.  It made me mad.  I figure money is money and if they didn't appreciate me, well, I was going to go somewhere where I could get service.

I'm ready to truly justify things...

In the past 6 months, I've had:

  • 9 or 10 flat tires
  • had my alternator fail twice, leaving me stranded on the side of the road on the coldest day of the year (-40 C)
  • Been stuck snowdrifts/snow five times
  • Had my steering wheel fluid thingy fail twice
  • Hit the ditch twice
On top of it, this car has over 400 000 km, is from '91, has a tape deck and radio, no air conditioning, will turn itself on (the remote control start) lately at all hours of the day, and lately is causing me concern over the battery and performance...

So, we'll see...I need to feel safe and I need to know that I can get to work and do my job...

No comments:

Post a Comment