Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Power in a Bottle of Spray Paint

So my last trip to the city had me bringing back a frame from Value Village.  While I hated the color of it, I loved the texture and it's shape.  I really felt I could turn it around.  See it below...

So I paid $5 for this frame, which I thought was a bit much, but I really thought I could turn it around to look like a $30 frame (which unfortunally, most nice frames cost now)...

So, I bought a can of cream spray paint and sprayed the heck out of it, and this is what I got:


Pretty cool eh?  While the picture in it isn't one I plan on using, I wanted to show you the dimensions of it, so I just found a picture from a magazine.  The frame is sitting on one of my garage sale finds that I plan on redoing in the future...

Here's a closeup of the frame painted (just don't mind the glare):


See the beautiful details?  I loved it, and I really felt that the one color pulled out the detail way more than the previous finish...we went from looking cheap to looking classy and super chic!

What can you do with a bottle of spray paint?

No comments:

Post a Comment