Sunday, July 3, 2011

Auction Purchase Reveals

So I promised you all pictures this weekend showing you what I purchased at last weekend's auction...well here you go!


This is my antique sideboard.  It also came with little castor wheels on the bottom which we took off for now, and there were also little attachments on the handles that fell off.  As you can see it's not a perfect peace, but most things old are not.  My plan and I know a few people have cringed at this is to paint it.  To remind you, I got this piece for $50 and it should have gone for $200 at the auction.


If you can ignore the crooked floor and the messy garage, than you might see the potential in this little table.  I picked up this guy for only $3.  I thought it might be good even at the front door for keys or such.  


I bid on this piece and I was the only bid, winning it for $2.  It's a bevelled mirror, and while in good shape, will be painted completely.  My plans?  To make a Chalkboard framing out of it...

However, nothing will be done until after I move which is in less than 2 weeks.  As paint takes time to cure, I don't want to risk the idea of scratching it and also, with the cost of moving, paint is going to have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment