Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Before and After: Garden Obelisk

So the other day a friend passed on to me a very tall, very ornate garden obelisk/weathervane.  She and her hubby were flipping a house and didn't have need for it.  I loved the details and took it in an instant when she offered it to me...I figured it just needed some loving.

Here's the before:

Notice the greyish color?  What you can't see in the picture is the pieces of rust throughout too...There's also a medallion, look for the white spot that I figured I would replace with some scraps from my stained glass collection.

After taking a whole can of flat black spray paint, specifically designed to cover and combat rust on metal, this is what it looked like!

Once spray painting it, I realized that I loved the medallion black and won't be changing it!  I love that all the details of the obelisk finally stand out and think once it's placed in a good spot, it will look amazing!  Not bad for $7!

What do you think?




I'm linked to the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment