Monday, July 25, 2011

The New Place

So I finally have internet and phone in the new place!  I have to find my special jack attachment that allows me to use both phone and internet, but for now, at least I have internet!

Everything was moved successfully, thanks to a couple of friends, especially one in particular, Michelle.  Michelle and I probably moved 98% of everything I owned and that had help with a few things from my friends Brian and Judy.  How did it go?  Good other than the near 35C heat!

I was finally able to see the place too, which I hadn't before.  Overall, it's a bit quirky-lots of doors, no proper closet, but it has potential.  Here are some pictures to show you:


A picture of the kitchen


The other half of the kitchen


Very narrow bedroom; you'll notice the "closet"; the lamp was left as the only room that has lights other than the bathroom is the kitchen...


Other direction of the bedroom


Part of the living room


Another view of the same space


When you first come in, there's like a little space apart from the living room.  This I'll use for my work space.


Weird blue cupboard in living room area; door that you see leads to bedroom


Teeny bathroom but with beautiful tiles


Wild and wooly front "garden"


Side of the house


A view of the backyard


Back of the house; former owner loved plants and had a greenhouse of sorts...eventually I want to try to use this, but first I have to somehow get the door opened!


Back view of the garage

So, all in all, quirky, but totally manageable.  There are a list of things that need to be fixed, but in the meantime, I have so much assurance about being so close to work and not spending so much on gas or putting my life on the line in our winter weather.

Stay tuned, lots to come in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment