Monday, November 22, 2010

Fresh Start in the Same Old Place

Although I dropped a hint earlier that I might be moving, it's a no-go now.  I didn't get the amazing job-actually no one did.  They had what seemed like financial issues (in reading between the lines).  I must have made an impression because they actually said if and when they decide to repost, they'll give me a shout. 

So now I'm left with learning to love my place again.  Don't get me wrong, I have a great place but I really wanted a fresh start in a new place.  Now that that's not happening, I need to learn to love my place once again.  It does mean making some changes as money allows.

My first project??

My curio cabinet.  I was given this by my mother, who inherited it from her best friend Karen.  Karen fought a courageous battle with cervical cancer, but ultimately lost.  Karen was a brave spirit who fought to the end to ensure that her children's rights were protected.  She was truly an amazing woman.

While I think it's got great bones, it's finish is the old granny oak style.  I'm  very anti oak finish.  I'm not going to declare what I'm doing just yet, but I'll leave you this picture to wonder what exactly will I do?


P.S.  Just so you don't think I'm a bad daughter, I did get my mother's permission before attempting this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment